Study Tourism & Hospitality - Accommodation
The Higher Certificate in Tourism & Hospitality – Accommodation studies, endeavours to give the students an understanding of this profession and prepare them for a successful career in the ever changing Tourism and Hospitality industry.
This higher certificate is offered at our Centurion and Klerksdorp campuses.
Duration of studies:
Full time: 1 year
Admission Requirements For Tourism & Hospitality - Accommodation
- NSC (Gr 12) with admission to Higher Certificate studies or National Certificate (Vocational) with the minimum requirements for admission to Higher Certificate studies, as specified by UMALUSI
- A person aged 23 or older with work experience in this field of study, will also qualify for admission.
Tourism & Hospitality - Accommodation Career Opportunities
- Front Office Manager
- Hotel Clerk
- Meeting and Conference Planner
- Head Waiter
- Housekeeping Manager
- Hotel General Manager
Curriculum Includes The Following Subjects
- Rooms Division Operations
- Basic Conferencing Skills
- South African Tourism
- Food and Beverage Skills
- Food and Beverage Preparation
- Experiential Learning
This Certificate allows for articulation to diploma studies in Tourism or Hospitality Management.
Experiential learning is critical to teaching and learning and is an important and integral part of your formal training. You need to complete 200 notional hours of experiential learning during the programme.