Study Hospitality Management
The diploma in Hospitality Management studies, aims to equip learners with the necessary theoretical knowledge and practical experience that the industry demands. This qualification meets the needs of students who wish to pursue careers in the management of hotels, lodges, restaurants, catering and events.
After three years of intensive training the qualified student will be capable of functioning as a Hospitality Industry Manager. Hospitality Management graduates are in demand both nationally and internationally.
This diploma is offered at our Centurion and Klerksdorp campuses.
The Hospitality Management Programme Is Ideal For...
- wants to follow a career in the hospitality industry regardless of age
- likes the ever changing world of this industry and do not want to be limited to time and place
- sees human interaction and customer service as a challenge
Admission Requirements For Hospitality Management
NSC (Gr 12) with entrance to Diploma studies or National Certificate (Vocational) with the minimum requirements for entrance to Diploma studies, as specified by UMALUSI
Work Integrated Learning (WIL)
Year 1: 200 hours practical work experience.
Year 2: 400 hours practical work experience.
Year 3: 900 hours experiential learning in the industry during the last 6 months of the year.
Hospitality Management Career Opportunities
- Hotel Manager
- Guest House Manager
- Lodge Manager
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Banqueting Manager
- Catering Manager
- Rooms Division Manager
- Front Office Manager
- Events Manager
Curriculum Includes The Following Subjects
- Hospitality Operations I
- Culinary Studies I - Theory and Practical
- Food and Beverage Management I
- Business Management I
- Events Management - Theory and Practical
- Safety and Nutritional Planning
- Hospitality Operations II
- Culinary Studies II - Theory and Practical
- Food and Beverage Management II
- Business Management II
- Hospitality Legislation
- Hospitality Operations III
- Culinary Studies III - Theory and Practical
- Food and Beverage Management III
- Human Resource & Financial Management
- Introductory Wine Course (CWA)
- First Aid Course (Level 1)
- Bartending Course
- Micros Fidelio (Hotel Booking System)