The Occupational Certificate in Hairdressing studies, will prepare students for a lifelong career in the hairdressing industry as a qualified Hairdresser. We offer our students in-depth training not only in hairdressing but also in braiding, hair extensions and head massaging. They will be provided with the essential hairdressing skills to function and be competitive hairdressers in the hairdressing industry. Students are kept up to date with the latest hairdressing trends by means of workshops and hair shows.
Students will also learn to interpret and adapt in a meaningful way to the hairdressing salon practices and social environment. The high standard of training allows our hairdressing students to stand out from the crowd.
Admission Requirements For Hairdresser
- A Grade 12 or a National Senior Certificate (NSC) (Maths/Lit and English), or
- A Senior Certificate (SC) (Maths/Lit and English), or
- A National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)) (Maths/Lit and English)
Work Integrated Learning (WIL)
Full-time Programme: 18 months formal hours at Centurion Academy, and 18 months informal hours under the supervision of a qualified hairdresser, with a South African Qualification "Red Seal".
Hairdresser Career Opportunities
- Hairdresser in Salons and Health Spa's
- Television and stage work
- Own Business
- Sales Representative
- Laboratory and research work
- Overseas opportunities
- Work on luxury cruise liners
- Salon Manager
Curriculum Includes The Following Subjects
EXIT LEVEL OUTCOMES
- 1. Shampoo, condition and treat hair and scalp.
- 2. Style hair.
- 3. Cut hair.
- 4. Provide chemical colouring hair services.
- 5. Provide chemical reformation hair services.
- 6. Provide professional client services.