The NATED N4-N6 Engineering studies is designed to provide the theoretical component in order for you to attain a National N Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
This qualification has value in the workplace as it equips learners with vital knowledge and skills that enable them to be employed at entry level positions in an occupation. The part qualification can be used for updating, up-skilling and/or continuing education and training in related occupations. The programme comprises of the following:
N4- SAQA ID 66881 - NQF 5 - 40 Credits
N5- SAQA ID 66960 - NQF 5 - 40 Credits
N6- SAQA ID 67005 - NQF 5 - 40 Credits
NATIONAL DIPLOMA- SAQA ID 90674 - NQF 6 - 360 Credits
• Senior Certificate, with at least three instructional offerings which are applicable to the instructional offerings chosen by the candidate for the programme; or an equivalent qualification.
• Recognition of Prior (RPL):
Recognition of Prior Learning can be used to grant:
1. Access to learners who do not meet the minimum entry requirements
2. Credits towards the part-qualification
Electrical Engineering (Light current)
Strength of Materials and Structures
Mechanical Drawing & Design
The Department of Higher Education will issue you with a National Certificate once you have passed each level eg. N4, N5, N6. After completing your work experience you can apply for your National
Diploma from the DHET at the campus where you have completed your N6 qualification
• After successful completion of your N6 certification the student must complete 24 months (2400 notional hours-240 Credits) of work experience relevant to your trade.