The Higher Certificate in Accounting has been developed with a dual-purpose, namely (a) to function as a bridge for students who haven't receive the Matriculation Endorsement at the completion of their National Senior Certificate.
On the successful completion of this one-year certificate they can be granted access to either the study of a three-year Diploma or a Bachelor's Degree; and (b) to facilitate access to the world-of-work for students who are capable of knowledge performance in support of those areas of the organization that rely on the application of the knowledge and skills systems supporting a general knowledge in accounting.
Duration of studies:
Full time: 1 year
Part time: 2 years
The Accounting Programme Is Ideal For...
- have an interest in accounting, tax, and payroll
- have an affinity and/or experience in administration and business in general
- have an interest in numbers and calculations
- have an interest in problem solving
Admission Requirements For Accounting
- National Senior Certificate (Gr 12) or equivalent qualification with admission to Higher Certificate studies or a National Certificate (Vocational) with the minimum requirements for entrance to Higher Certificate studies, as specified by UMALUSI.
- A person aged 23 or older with work experience will also qualify for admission.
Accounting Career Opportunities
- Junior Accountant
- Accounts Clerk
- Payroll Officer
- Accounts Administrator
Curriculum Includes The Following Subjects
- Management Accounting
- Payroll and SARS returns
- Business Management
- Business Literacy
NOTE: Centurion Academy (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to make changes to the programme syllabus and admission requirements in accordance with legislative prescriptions, without prior notification and without furnishing reasons therefore.